I am laying in bed while Jasmine and Zach are out at their projects. We visited a community on Tuesday. Here is Cusco, people always like to offer their visitors something to eat. If you don't eat, they get offended. While on our visit we were offered food twice. The first family offered us steamed white rice with a fried egg, and an onion salad. The egg yolk wasn't cooked all the way. When the food was placed in front of us, Zach and I just looked at each other with an expression of "Oh shit!" on our faces. We ate it and guess what? I got sick, Zach didn't. It seems like everything I eat goes right through me. I felt very weak today, I guess my body hasn't been absorbing any nutrients from what I eat. We were walking around the museum and I could barely stand up. We went to the pharmacy and bought some ciprofloxacin. Here, antibiotics can be purchased over the counter. In addition to that, I was given no instructions on how to take it. Good thing I have my resources, I looked the antibiotic up on my drug guide and I'll be on it for five days. Hopefully I'll start feeling better soon.
We've been researching agencies who will take us to Machu Pichu and Lake Titicaca, hopefully we'll have pictures of those places up soon. As far as our side project, we are waiting for Alcade WIlbur to contact us with a list of donations the community was going to make for us. Hopefully, we'll begin distributing donations next week, that's what I'm really excited for. I'll keep this one short, I'm going back to sleep until Zach and Jasmine get back. Hugs and kisses for everyone.
-M
No comments:
Post a Comment